Two methods for cooking perfectly crisp, seasoned, roasted chickpeas: in the air fryer, and in the traditional oven.
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and towel dried
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ginger
In the air fryer:
- Spread chickpeas out evenly on the air fryer rack. It’s best if they do not touch each other, so try not to crowd the fryer.
- Cook at 370 F for 5 minutes to dry out the chickpeas.
- Remove chickpeas from air fryer and place in a medium bowl. Add oil and stir gently to coat. Add spices and stir again to mix evenly.
- Return chickpeas to air fryer and cook at 370 F for another 12 minutes, shaking half way through.
In the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, add chickpeas and oil. Stir gently to coat. Add spices and stir again to mix evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpeas out evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir, then roast for another 17 minutes.
Listed cook time is based on the air fryer method. The traditional oven will take about twice as long.
Different brands and sizes of air fryers will require different cooking times. I use the Power AirFryer Oven.