It only takes 5 minutes to prep these hot pink beauties, and they’ll stay good in the fridge for 2 weeks! Use them as toppings and flavor boosters on all kinds of dishes.
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Thinly slice the red onion. I use a mandolin set at 1/8″ thickness.
- Add the sliced onion to a bowl and use your fingers to separate the rings a bit.
- Pour the vinegar, syrup, and salt into the bowl and toss to mix.
- Transfer the onions and liquid to a jar (for easy storage later). Cover or seal with a lid and let sit for about an hour and a half at room temp. The red onion will begin to turn bright pink. Give the jar a shake a couple of times while you wait.
- Store the jar in the fridge. It will keep for several weeks, but is best in the first 1-2 weeks.