One of my all time favorite flavor combos is packaged up in these vegan truffle Parmesan Brussels sprouts with lemon garlic aioli dipping sauce.
Roasted Brussels sprouts on their own are amazing, but this recipe really kicks it up a notch.
Start by washing the sprouts and discarding the outer leaves which often have dirt on them. Trim off the tough bottom, and slice in half lengthwise. If you have very large sprouts, you may want to cut into thirds or else they may not cook through evenly.
Once the Brussels sprouts are coated in oil, salt, and pepper, they’re ready to go in the oven!
Place the sprouts cut side down on a baking sheet to make sure the leaves crisp, the bottoms brown, and they cook through. After baking for 15 minutes, you will flip them and roast the other side for another 2- minutes.
When done, the sprouts will have a nice golden brown hue plus some charred spots.
Only add the truffle oil after the Sprouts are done baking. Truffle oil is a finishing oil with a low smoke point, and should not be exposed to high oven heat. A little truffle oil goes a long way, but it gives your dinner a restaurant quality taste!
The recipe for the aioli dipping sauce is based on my preference for a strong lemon and subtle garlic taste. But this is YOUR aioli. Toss it all in a -blender, then adjust the seasonings however you like!
The aioli base is vegan mayo. Just Mayo brand is my all time favorite plant-based mayonnaise. It’s in a lot of grocery stores these days, or you can buy it here on Amazon.
To finish, top it all off with homemade cashew Parmesan cheese (ready in less than 5 minutes). Serve warm, with the lemon garlic aioli for dipping.Print
Roasted Brussels sprouts are already good. Then you add truffle oil. And parm. AND aioli! The ultimate flavor combo.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil*
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp truffle oil
- cashew Parmesan cheese, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo, or other vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Evenly coat Brussels sprouts in grapeseed oil and season with 1 tsp salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place sprouts cut-side down on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for another 2-5 minutes until they are browned but not burnt.
- While the sprouts are baking, prepare the aioli. In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, olive oil, mayo, 1/4 tsp salt, lemon juice, and ground pepper (to taste). Blend until smooth, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- Remove sprouts from oven and mix in truffle olive oil and cashew Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm, with aioli for dipping.
- Grapeseed oil has a high smoke point, making it ideal for high temperature baking and frying. Vegetable or canola oil can also work, but olive oil will degrade.
- Just Mayo brand is my all time favorite plant-based mayonnaise. It’s in a lot of grocery stores these days, or you can buy it here on Amazon.